Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope.
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Attaining complete knowledge of the site execution plan, time schedule, scope of supply / work, scope of civil works, major subcontracts, budget and account structure, status of documentation, EHS plan, site staffing plan, applicable local regulations, restrictions etc.
- Mobilise the site and set up of site infrastructure.
- Plan and set up vehicles, accommodation and other support for site staff.
- Establish site regulations and rules of site operation.
- Select and hire local personnel as required.
- Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive reports.
- Set up the site filing and document control system.
- Strategically execute the site Cost Control program.
- Strategically execute the GE EHS Policy and the site EHS plan.
- Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost / resource drawdown.
- Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan.
- Carry out both meritorious and disciplinary actions as prescribed by GE regulations.
- Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale.
- Conduct daily and weekly meetings with GE staff and subcontractors.
- The overall management and leadership of the GE site staff.
- Developing a Site Safety Culture during the site execution of the project.
- Executing the project within the site portion of the construction budget.
- Achieving all major milestones within the site schedule.
- Performance assessments of all site staff including contract staff and life-of-project staff.
- Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact to GE.
- Representation of GE to the customer and local authorities.
- Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times.
Key Performance Indicators
- All major milestones achieved.
- Overall site construction and subcontract budget targets are achieved.
- Any cost variances are fairly and properly allocated, impact to GE is minimized.
- All parties to the project are able to make optimum decisions based on information furnished from site.
- EHS Road Map targets are achieved with zero lost time injuries or fatalities.
- Customer satisfaction survey targets are achieved.
- All required performance assessments are completed.
- Has the ultimate authority on the site as prescribed by GE rules and regulations
- Is authorised to remove any person or object from site.
- Is authorised to take urgent or emergency action to remedy sudden problems or discrepancies.
- Has authority to communicate with the client and any local entity or authority in the execution of his tasks.
- Is authorised to make expenditures according to GE rules and regulations.
- Is authorised to carry out disciplinary actions on site according to GE rules and regulations.
- Is authorised to carry out appraisals and assessments of site staff.
- To promote the interests and image of the company at all times;
- Behave according to GE Code of Ethics and Values.
- Understand and support the implementation of applicable Safety Directives.
- Stop work when risks are not controlled.
- Report all accidents, near misses and deviations and non-compliances with the applicable Safety Directives to your Manager.
- Fully support and endorse all aspects of the GE Zero Deviation Plan
- Promote the 9 GE Safety Directives and the ‘9 Life-Saving Rules’ positively
- Participate in each severe accident root cause analysis and follow-up action plan
- Regularly review the Lost Time Accidents and Potentially Severe events at site
- Ensure that disciplinary measures are delivered when required in a fair and consistent manner in line with the zero tolerance to deviation policy
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote – This is a remote position
Kindly Share with your friends also.