Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
Job Title: Global Functions Technology – Software Engineer – Analyst
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically accountable and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Global Functions Technology (GFT) is a diverse organization comprised of more than 15,000 talented professionals with some of the brightest minds – all working collectively to realize Citi’s Vision of growth and economic progress. As a group, we partner with the Finance, Risk, Compliance, and Human Resources teams to drive the delivery of innovative technology solutions using common data, data assessment, and platforms. Our technology operates in real-time environments, capturing and managing market, transaction, and accounting data, as well as the data from millions of customers daily. Our solutions cover all products and geographies in which Citi does business. We are the backbone for reporting across the bank, satisfying our regulatory obligations, enabling our businesses to be nimbler and helping to safeguard customer assets through highly effective controls.
GFT is accountable for providing and delivering end-to-end design, application development and advocates infrastructure management to the Global Functions across Citi’s lines of business and regions. As part of Citi’s broad transformation strategy, GFT is presently undergoing a large-scale, multi-year Agile transformation throughout our 16k-person organization. Along with that transformation, we will need proven, sound, and solid software engineers, agile practitioners, and technical team managers to drive the success of our nascent agile teams.
Who You will Work With
As part of a modernized financial technology company, our Engineers are hyper-focused on disrupting the market through bringing to life the art of the possible for our business. We have passion for building strategies, designing solutions, and creating innovative products to help our business solve their most complex and interesting problems. To accomplish this, we surround our technologists with interesting challenges, emerging technologies and with an immersive, innovative culture. The breadth in capabilities assures that Citi can support teams with an enterprise level forward-thinking vision. Put simply, we collaboratively design, build, and implement business strategies and solutions to help solve complex problems to drive business value.
We are looking for entry-level full-stack software engineers who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. This role will be responsible for writing code, pairing with other developers as appropriate, decomposing acceptance criteria to understand team backlog deliverables, complexities, and risk, while working as a strong contributor on an agile team.
From a technical standpoint, the Software Engineer has full-stack coding and implementation responsibilities and adheres to best practice principles, including modern cloud-based software development, agile and scrum, code quality, and tool usage. The Software Engineer works to understand and influence software architecture, while contributing to Citi’s and GFT’s technical user base.
- Apply depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Develop and engineer solutions within an Agile software delivery team, working to collaboratively deliver sprint goals, write code, and participate in the broader Citi technical community and team-level Agile and Scrum processes.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and development of world-class enterprise applications leveraging the latest technologies and software design patterns.
- Leverage technical knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues, as necessary.
- Follow and contribute to defining technical and team standards.
- Collaborate technical leadership to achieve established goals, in line with our broader technical strategy.
- 0-2 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Exposure to agile and iterative software delivery
- Understanding of software engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, design patterns, peer review, etc.)
- Understanding of Data Structures and Object Oriented Principles using Java, Python, or NodeJS
- BA/BS degree or equal work experience
- Desire to obtain architecture experience in building horizontally scalable, highly available, highly resilient, and low latency applications.
- Desire to gain exposure to Cloud infrastructure both on-premise and public cloud (i.e., OpenShift, AWS, etc.).
- Understanding of Cloud-native development and Container Orchestration tools (Serverless, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.).
- Experience with any of the following: API Management tools, event-driven design and architecture (i.e., Kafka, Spark Flink, etc.), or Microservices frameworks
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, both on-premise and public cloud (i.e., Tekton, Harness, CircleCI, Cloudbees Jenkins, etc.).
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code tools (i.e., Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.).
- Understanding of Security, Observability, and Monitoring (i.e., Grafana Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Exposure to Service Oriented and MicroServices architectures, including REST and GraphQL implementations.
- A passion for learning new technologies, and a desire for personal growth, through self-study, formal classes, or on-the-job training.
- A passion for building high quality products which customers love.
- Experience with database concepts and web-based technologies is a plus.
Our obligation to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote people based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We will enable growth and progress collectively.
Citi is a preeminent banking partner for institutions with cross-border needs, a global pioneer in wealth management and a valued personal bank in its home market of the United States. Citi does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions, providing corporations, governments, investors, institutions, and people with a broad range of financial products and services.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Job Family Group:
FOR LATEST JOB VISIT HOME PAGE
More jobs updates:-
Kindly Share with your friends also.